Skip to content
Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Maple Syrup – Serves 2
- 3 cups of brussel sprouts, stems removed and sliced in half
- 4 strips of bacon, sliced into 1/4 wide pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of vegetable stock or water
- Salt and pepper
- Add the bacon strips to a heavy bottom pot and cook over medium high heat until cooked.
- Then add the brussel sprouts, garlic, parsnips, butter and vegetable stock and cook over medium low heat for 30 minutes with the pot covered.
- Stir about every 5 minutes making sure the brussel sprouts do not burn.
- After 30 minutes, turn off the heat and add the maple syrup, salt and pepper. Stir then plate and enjoy.