Kale Salad with Caesar Dressing and Baked Chicken – Serves 2
- Kale, finely chopped (4-5 cups)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup of cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup of grated pecorino cheese (sheep’s milk)
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal or breadcrumbs
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch of grated pecorino cheese (sheep’s milk cheese)
- 1 teaspoon of anchovy paste
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Preheat the oven for 400 degrees. Season the chicken breast with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes on a non stick pan.
- Make the salad dressing by combining all the ingredients listed in a small blender and blend until all the ingredients are incorporated. Taste and set in the refrigerator while the chicken is cooking.
- Slice the avocado and set aside.
- Making sure to remove the stems chop the kale, then slice the radishes, cucumbers and place in a large bowl.
- When the chicken is done, remove from the oven and let cool on a cutting board. When the chicken is safe to handle, slice into bite size pieces.
- Add the flaxseed meal, dressing and grated pecorino cheese to the kale and vegetables then toss with tongs making sure the dressing coats all the kale.
- Plate the kale salad then add the chicken and sliced avocado on top.