Strip Steak and Roasted Asparagus – Serves 2
- 1 Strip Steak (about 1 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 1 Large bunch of asparagus
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Steak seasoning, I used Penzey’s Chicago Steak
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off the stems of the asparagus. Place on a non stick cookie sheet and coat with the garlic, juice of 1 lemon, salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Place in the oven when and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the asparagus is cooking, remove your steak from the fridge and season both sides with your favorite steak seasoning.
- Get an oven safe heavy duty pan going on medium high heat with a drizzle of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter. Sear the steak making sure to get a golden brown, about 3 minutes then turn over and put in the oven with 1 tablespoon of butter on top. Cook until medium rare about 12 – 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!