Chicken Fajita Salad – Serves 2
- Red leaf lettuce, enough for 2 people
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons mexican spice mix such as penzeys salsa and pico
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Put the chicken breast on a non stick cooking pan and season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the salad dressing. Combine the olive oil, lime juice, 1 tablespoons of cilantro, honey, a pinch of salt and pepper, and garlic in a mason jar. Shake until all ingredients are combined and taste to make sure it is balanced. Chop the leaf lettuce and 1 tablespoon of cilantro and put in a bowl. Slice the avocado and set aside.
- Slice the onion and green pepper. When the chicken is done, remove from the oven and dice. Heat up a non stick pan with some olive oil and start sautéing the onion and green pepper. Then add the diced chicken and Mexican spice mixture to the pan.
- When the onion and green pepper are soft, turn the heat off and keep the ingredients in the pan.
- Add the dressing to the lettuce, toss, then divide among 2 plates. Top with the chicken, green pepper and onion mixture then add the avocado slices.