Baked Hoisin-Siracha based Chicken Thighs and Steamed Broccoli – 2 servings
- 4 chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons of Siracha sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Tablespoon of Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon of Sesame Oil or EVOO
- Small handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped cashews
- 1-2 crowns of broccoli, stems removed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Use a medium size bowl and add the siracha sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, brown sugar and fresh ginger and mix. Add the 4 pieces of chicken and cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and place the chicken on to a non stick baking sheet. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the chicken is done. Set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped cashews to a non stick baking sheet and coat with siracha sauce. When the 10 minute timer goes off, put these in the oven then reset your timer for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, take a medium size pot (I use an All Clad pot with a steamer attachment) and fill one quarter full with water and boil. Once the water is boiling, add the steamer attachment and add the broccoli. Reduce heat to medium and cook.
- When the broccoli is almost done, season with salt, the juice of 1 lemon and garlic. Make sure to mix and coat the broccoli.
- Remove the chicken and cashews from the oven. Plate the chicken first, then spoon on the broccoli and the siracha cashews on top of the chicken. Top the chicken with some fresh cilantro. Serve and Enjoy!